View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #6
57chevyman

Re: Calling “57ChevyMan” - Bed Assembly Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post

57ChevyMan Questions: Your description talks about installing the front panel in step #1, then again in step #7. Was that just an error?

You mention the “main board” - I assume you mean TWO main boards, the ones the bolts go through? Also, it never occurred to me that I would need to drill the bolt holes and auger the counter sink for the washers. I’m in process of varnishing my boards now so thats gonna screw things up. Guess I’ll just drill through masking tape and hope for the best!

Last, we removed my angle strips and will be drilling for the polished stainless ones into the bed stakes and where the fenders will cover the nuts. Any tricks you can give on that process?
hey Dan! the first step was just to lay the front panel in its spot... step 7 was when its actually attached with hardware

yes the "main boards" i refered to are the two that the bolts go thru.
i bought bed wood that was predrilled, so i didnt have to worry about the drilling.
i attached my angles to the floor with hardware. i did have to drill for that. as far as attaching to the sides , i did a few tack welds.

1957 Chevy 3100
2000 Silverado z71 SOLD
2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
1992 International 4700
57chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote