Thread: my new bonanza
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
OutlawDrifter

Re: my new bonanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Well, I guess our OP hasn't checked back in. Hope he does. Wouldn't want him waiting on that repro dash badge only to find out he's replaced the original with it. Good info Jocko. Invaluable and detailed help. I'll say thanks just in case he doesn't make it back to do so.

My impression is that the Bonanza package was essentially an assemblage of Silverado-like parts that were offered in a package to nice-up a Scottsdale without going full Silverado. Maybe based on what was available surplus-wise? Is that somewhere close to the truth?
I've always looked at it as a "Foreman's Pickup". Vinyl floor and nice bright work outside. I had also heard it was a way to get rid of extra units as the new year's models were coming in.

I had a 79 my dad bought new, it had the Scottsdale emblem on the dash. Vinyl floor, full Silverado trim, 350/350/NP203 and 3.42 gears. Had the HD front springs for a plow package. Wish I still had it! It was the most surefooted pickup I've ever owned, ice, snow, mud, didn't matter.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote