View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 08:34 PM   #6
Gray Ghost

Re: 454...choices....

I don't see the point in destroking it, especially for a street engine. The bigger the cubes, the better for a streetable high horsepower engine. the only advantage a 427 ever could have would be at very high RPM, and that's not what you want for the street.

OK so I'll ditch the destroke idea.

How deep are your pockets? for nearly 500 hp might you need to go with a Holley Projection or similar type FI? A FI system will sure make it run better around town. How bout a call to Street N Performance in Mena, Ar and see what they have to offer?

I am going to put a few dollars into the motor [$5k total or less if I can do it]. Neither of my mechanic buddies like the Holley system, I am just starting to do the research on which one will be the best. I like what I see in the catalog...might just check them out.

None of business here, BUT if you're planning on driving it that much with A/C and all, you know that puppy is gonna be hard to feed at $4.00/gallon even with EFI dotcha?

Yeah....kinda don't care much about that...I have a car hauler if I need to go far....

Why go with a th350? It cost about the same to build as a th400. and most transmissions places should have a core for about $100 JMO

Cause I have one already. I am putting a 700 in the big truck later on this year and the TH350 will get built to the nines to withstand the BB's torture. I know the 400's are stronger but we have a tranny wizard locally who can build mine the way I want it....it'll pull less of a power drain over the 400 as well.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote