View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Re: looking for info on quality audio w/o braking bank

The console sounds like a cool setup! Make sure to take lots of pics during the process and post them up here!

I don't have any real experience with multiple speakers in multiple spots, but my S10's dash speakers gave me a headache trying to blend them in with the speakers in the doors. My goal with car stereo systems is to make them sound like every speaker is playing in unison so you can't tell where the sound is coming from. It makes for a much cleaner sound rather than a surround type like your house. The more speakers you put in that are farther apart from eachother, the harder it is... If it's even possible at all. The 2 areas I would personally never install speakers are the center console (unless it's a sub) and above your head. I think with an enclosed panel, 2 in front and 2 in back will be plenty loud and clean. If you are dead set on more speakers, I'd still build kicks for a set of components, but only put another set of 6.5's in the doors and leave out the dash and console. The 6x9s should be more than enough for the rear passengers as they should be able to hear a lot coming from the front.

I take it your going to showcase the amps somehow, but does that mean they all need to be the same? I would do 2 2 channel amps for the highs and 1 mono amp for the lows.

I'm 32,so I'm more of the 90's...but i like all music even though I'm more of a "rap crap" guy. I do like "classic rock" a lot though! Haha.
Posted via Mobile Device