View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #18
RDrancher

Re: Impressed with our Burb!

From the get-go I knew that I wanted 15" steel wheels, but not rallies. I couldn't find any oem steelies locally, so I ordered a set of from wheels_tires_more. The wheels were described as 15"x6" to fit a K10, 5 lug. Uh...ok. That should have been my first clue that they had none (clues that is.) The wheels arrived packaged nicely and were beautifully refinished in gloss black by Keystone. Unfortunately that was about the only thing nice about them. Three of the four wheels were wrong. One was a 5 on 4.75 and two were the wrong backspacing and not the same one either. I decided to keep the one correct wheel for a spare. Here it is with a few different looks.

I searched around for another source and found that Jegs had Wheel Vintiques Series 62 15x6's in bare form for over 20 bucks off each. That's a pretty good deal so I ordered a set...but they're backordered and won't be here until after March 6th. In the meantime I ordered a set of 15x7 Cragar 69's and set of center caps. I'll reveal the center caps once the whole shebang arrives next week. If it turns out looking like it does inside my head...it should look pretty good.