View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #17
jocko

Re: Post trucks for sale here

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Well, now for sale posts are threads. This thread is for information purposes, not a for sale thread. It is an announcement. In fact, by starting threads within a thread it has allowed non-subscribers to post trucks for sale. I don't know anything about subscribing. I don't mess with it. But this it the for sale board all years in one and each person should start their own thread for their sale like I did for the project truck.
Well, Hmm. I've read your post three times Tim - I agree and disagree. Yes, it's an announcement thread, and that's good. But personally, I don't really look forward to the era forums being clogged with individual Truck for Sale threads. And I don't THINK(?) that's what Josh is suggesting in post #1 (but I don't know that) - I just read it as this is THE thread and it replaces the era Truck for Sale sections all together here. Sellers probably wouldn't be thrilled with individual threads outside just an announcement here, because once it's been looked at by a lotta people, it will sink to the bottom and then pages down. So, then, the rest of the folks that looked at it once, will get to see it 3, 4, 5 times when it gets a ttt bump or if the rare comment is added. Seems to me that one could post their truck here only, in a single post (or two or three, depending on how many pics they have). Then leave it. Everyone knows where to find it, and they get a feeling for relatively how long it's been there just by the order of ads, and, more importantly, there aren't individual for sale threads cluttering up the forum and getting ttt'ed all the time. I think that might get old. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

As for subscribing, I kinda ignored subscribing for years and years too, but I have to admit I've come around. I do it now only for stuff I REALLY REALLY want a notification on - or want to be able to find quickly without digging. Or, even more handy is this: I just save a link on my computer to my subscribed list and it's never more than two clicks from something I think I might want to check on. With that approach, I find that I more often subscribe "with no email notification" so I don't get all those pesky emails just to find out someone said good morning. Anyway, I kinda know what you mean - I didn't bother subscribing to anything for around 6 or 7 years, then in the past few, I've found the feature kinda handy.

Last edited by jocko; 05-26-2018 at 11:35 AM.