View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #372
special-K
Special Order

Re: Post Your Ride 88-98 Trucks

Is your color almost kinda purplish?I think I know what one you have.It`s deeper than that other more common blue.I was disappointed when the`88s came out.After seeing 5 year old work trucks taking whatever was thrown at then I started accepting them.My`84 was ready to move on from or start going over it pretty good.Considering downtime and the new motor I took the plunge.Couldn`t find anything close to what I needed and if I`m buying a new truck I want it to be exactly what I want.The NV4500 shifts much smoother than the 4spd New process trannies.These are a breed apart rom what I`d had and was a step into the future for me.It`s kinda odd,but I took a sport truck approach with this daily driver work truck...bucket seats/console,tach,5spd.It`s the first vehicle I`ve had that I let alone.I customized it from the factory,is how I saw it and I put my time into my vintage iron and bike hobby.I just tinted the window,cut the pipes and ran dual baloney slices out the back,ventshades,CatchAll mats,Detroit Locker,tweaked the t-bars to fit 285/75s,and gas shocks.
I got base`95 K3500 used in`98.It was Emerald Green,6.5TD,5spd,a/c,tilt,cruise.I did the opposite.I treated it like a conversion company starting out with a lower model and adding my touches experimenting with aftermarket stuff...then totalled it in`04.I had gotten into diesel performance and ended up in Jan`04 putting a crate Penninsular Marine 300hp 6.5TD.The`92 had 205,000 on it untouched and ready for injector pump,injectors,and glow-plugs.I decided I should drop the 6 month old boat motor in to get my money out of it.So,that`s what`s in the`92 with a Banks exhaust.
I know I posted it way back in this stickie,but here it is(was).When I put the bed on I changed the color to GM Fairway Green:

W/ladder racks and tonneau cover:

Now for the aftermath:

Sold the hood to a local guy I know:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-15-2009 at 01:44 PM.