View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #101
cjracing15

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408cuda View Post
Hi guys. Found this site after extensively searching the web on TBI swaps and it seems like a great source of info. I am in the process of converting a friends 59 Chevy Apache pickup from a straight 6 to 350 TBI out of an 88 Chevy 2wd pickup. We are using the donor rigs wiring harness. Anyway, I have the mounts fabbed and engine in and and getting close to trying to wire it up. We stripped the harness and all sensors from the donor but the part I am having trouble understanding is what exactly I need to power up for wires from the harness? I plan to add a 6 lug fuse block just for this purpose. I have some wiring diagrams that are helpful, but don't know what wires I NEED hooked to the fuse block, or elsewhere? We are using the 5 speed manual from donor as well and since we are using the stock wiring do I need to do anything to work the VSS? . For a gas tank we were thinking of an 88 Blazer which dimensionally looks doable, and takes the same pump/wiring etc..

Thanks for your time,
Chad
Go back to the first page of this thread. It's not a diagram but a list of wire colors and what they do in the harness. If you use the stock harness you will have to strip all if the harness tape off and trace the wires down. It's not that hard. Good luck if you have any questions just ask.
Jamie
1977 SWB stepside
1949 Chevy truck

Last edited by cjracing15; 01-31-2009 at 09:13 AM.
cjracing15 is offline   Reply With Quote