View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: Project 67 DRGNWGN - 67 Burban!!

heres the new piece(s) welded up. i cut this off of a long bed parts truck. it didnt fit completely, so i made another piece to weld in right above it.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

i still need to finish this up as well..after these pics i grinded off all the bondo that was on there before, banged out some metal to make it somewhat straight. then i laid some glass over the welds, sanded it down, then laid some bondo to smooth it out. im still in the process of making it even, so ill get some pics up once i start on that.

Next up was to start on the front end until i get back to the previous jobs i started..lol
i started by sanded everything down with a da sander with 80 grit, but the hood had some small rust pits. i used a wire wheel on the whole hood, then sprayed some rust converter on it to make sure. i pretty much did this to the entire front end..da with 80 grit then wire wheel, rust converter, then black primer!

before...
[IMG][/IMG]
during..
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

didnt snap any pics of the driver fender, i just sanded it all down, fixed some minor dings and one dent, the primered it. the passenger fender on the other hand had a big nasty dent in it.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
in the last pic you can see some of the work that was done to the driver fender...
heres the rusty cup..

[IMG][/IMG]

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]

Last edited by kev2809; 10-05-2009 at 02:27 PM.
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote