View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
snowblind

Re: Please help - Heated Seat Wiring...

Does your passenger seat connector look the same as mine posted above? I had to connect both orange to power and the ground to black to get the power adjustments to work.

Searching for info I've heard plenty of stories about problems with these seats in stock setups and reference of the whole system being tied together with the ECU, some models won't heat unless the seat belt is latched, etc, etc. My hope is that by simply applying power at all the places that the factory connectors expect I will be simulating a happy ECU. I found a wiring diagram and I think it shows the "heated seat module" as built in to each seat and the wiring between the switches and seats as being somewhat independent of the central wiring.

I'll post the wiring diagram in a bit to show you what I'm talking about.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian10048 View Post
I have the same seats. Power and heated. I was told I couldn't use them whatsoever because a module controls everything. I was however able to get them powered easily and they move, but I haven't seen anyone that has gotten the heat to work. I think that will actually require the module out of the truck, which will probably need other modules to make it work as well.

Last edited by snowblind; 11-06-2009 at 06:41 PM.
snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote