View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #1
OutlawDrifter

Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

A little back story on this truck. It has been in my family since my Great Grandfather bought it new. He gave it to my grandpa and when the master cylinder went out in 1971 it was parked in the corner of the shed, where it would reside until March of 2017.

I never met my Great Grandfather, but have never heard an ill word spoke of him. He was a kind man, a great shot, quite a joker, and my dad thought the world of him. I lost both my dad and my grandpa in the last 6 months, so redoing this truck will be some much needed "therapy."

On to the plans. I'm going to try and keep as much of the original truck as possible, while upgrading the drivetrain and brakes to safely tow a car trailer at 68mph. It has what I believe to be an Omaha Standard flatbed, complete with grain sides and stock racks. I will be building a custom flatbed in its place to better serve my puposes. The truck will have all the modern conveniences like AC and cruise control. I'm undecided on a powerplant, but leaning towards a 6.0l/4L80E combo right now.

More to come, on to the pictures.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote