Thread: and yet again
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 04:44 PM   #26
jeffahart

Re: and yet again

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Artificial sweetners are what my daughter buys for the boy because they don't have Annatto.

He can usually have cheap candy because it has artificial ingredients.. She can't buy food at the health food store because it is "All Natural" which means annatto.

When we are in public, especially at restaurants, my daughter will see kid start acting up and say "If they only knew" because she is so familiar with the symptoms. But most parents would rather give the kid a pill.

One discovery we made was Andy's Frozen Custard. It apparently doesn't have Annatto. He can consume that at lightening speed. he can eat the crispy chicken strips at Chick-Fill-A and DQ, but not the grilled strips or the fries. Dimetapp sends him up the wall.

Like I said, my point in this rhetoric is some of the crap we feed our kids causes the behavioral problems.

Point not missed, you really have to look at what the kids are eating and test it. I worked with a guy who's kid could not eat carrots. Their child was having extreme physical and mental health issues for years. They finally took him to a place that figured it out. That was over thirty years ago, and that example really stuck with me. Those two went through hell with that kid till the carrot diagnosis. Lucky for them it was before the days of, drug them first, and ask questions later! Once you dope them, it really muddies the water.

j