View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 03:49 PM   #19
88lowrider

Re: "Phantom" Parasitic Draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
Well?
Still have not found a device that can show me the Peak voltage or Amperage drawn.
I put the 1.2 trickle charger back on it as I was needing to use the truck and well, now that his holding the battery up.

I keep the hood unlatched and each morning I have been testing the voltage across the battery and its always 13. something.

I kind of dropped the ball so to speak on the looking for some sort of gauge/device that will stay on and show me the peak. After several hours in front of the one eyed monster, I felt my eyes were going to start bleeding.

You would sure think that Someone has had to come onto a issue like this and some device (with reasonable costs involved) that would do this test.

My thinking now is that if I can see a specific draw, I might be able to pin down something in the system that draws that much voltage and amperage and possible eliminate it to see if the problem goes away.
I even had the instrument panel out again were I could see more of the wiring and did find yet another ground that I cleaned and re-attached.

I am at a loss at the moment on what to do other than keep searching for a device to show me peak voltage.

I am sure I posted this some place here on the forum but back in the day when I was younger and didn't have that mild stroke, I was able to bread board and create circuits with using the different IC's. I know this can be done but have struggled with that several times now only to fail.

Just some device that can trigger above the standard parasitic draw and set off some sort of buzzer, horn (on separate power) and I could come running and start yarding out fuses and unplugging things. I do have a camera that I can setup with the Audio that will trigger and send the text to my phone, which is always on too.
88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote