View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Re: X-Frame - good or bad?

One thing is the X frame is wider than the later versions.. ASK me how I know. Funny stuff. Mine came from there factory with coil overs as far as I can tell, number wise and looking for items that would show where the t bars had been removed. Could never find any thing that showed it was a torsion to start with.

After market stuff can get spendy and I am thank ful that many others did the leg work and trial and error on finding out what parts would work. No way would I ever pay for parts from a online place when you can go to a salavage yard and get them for 70% less money and have OEM parts.

I bought all of my new a arms steering box, linkage, rotors calipers etc for under 200 bucks. I was picky and was able to find a set of rotors that where new with very little wear, same for the calipers ( they where on the same truck) I found another truck that had a rebuilt ( looked new) power steering box, another had all new drag link idler arm and inner tie rods... Sure it took me all day but the only parts I bought new for my front end where the a arm bushings and the dropped spindels from CCP and 1 inch lower springs. I relocated the upper stock shock mounts back to keep them aligned..
Attached Images

Last edited by GMR-PERFORMANCE; 02-22-2012 at 05:53 PM.
GMR-PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote