View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 08:36 PM   #192
ncpetersc

Re: Help a NOOB - A continuing saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
Great to see the progress...
The whine being able to be felt...sounds like trans mount has collapsed due to oil leaking ...dont be surprised when you jack it up to remove it if it comes out in two pieces...new trans mounts are available from just about any auto parts store...
I fear transmission rebuild or replace may be a requirement down the road, just because it is certainly leaking. That's why I was so surprised at how perfect the shift points seemed, to me anyway. But I'll inspect the brackets in case one needs replacing just to get me by until I save up for getting it fixed right. I am still holding out hope that the leak is something fixable without removing it I guess. But the first order of business is to clean it up just so I can tell where it's leaking. The thing is a serious mess. I'll get some pics at some point. I was thinking of spraying some degreaser on it and heading to a car wash with a spray nozzle.

Quote:
Also check the carrier bearing for the driveshaft...lube up the sliding spline...
I can manually slide it forward and back to lube it without any sort of disassembly?
Quote:
Then check the oil level in the rear axle...
Never done this either, but I'll look it up. Sounds like something I could tackle once I figure it out.
Quote:
If ya get stuck, we are all just a holla away...

Look after those little ones...I still call my children little ones..and they are 42 and 44....

Thanks again! And glad you are, because I will holla again with questions for sure!

ncpetersc is offline   Reply With Quote