View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 05:33 PM   #1
Beach-Burban

Paint Scheme Opinions

I haven't had anything new to report on for awhile, as I have been mostly collecting parts and pieces to supply to the Paint and Body guys I believe I am going with. I have also been trying to dial-in the paint scheme for the Beach-Burban, which will be for the most part original colors. I would really like to hear some opinions on what I have in mind before I hand it over to them . No one will hurt my feelings, so please be brutally honest!

I like the patina look...even when it has been fabricated if done well, but that isn't quite what I want for this vehicle. While trying to bring back the color of the original paint, I started with the hood as it was completely void of any clear coat and needed zero body work. What I ended up with was a hood color that was dull, almost flat...but not chalky-flat looking. I liked what I saw, but as the rest of the body has an awful looking (and seriously peeling) clear coat, putting time and labor into trying to make it look like the hood seemed like the wrong approach...plus, it needs body work (visible as well as hidden issues).

My idea is to have a stock two-tone paint: White roof, D-pillers and hatch; Wheatland (dark yellow) body; White lower band; with the interior metal Wheatland. The changes from stock is that I want only the Wheatland body color to be covered with Satin clear coat , and all other areas (whether White or Wheatland) covered in standard gloss clear coat. The only other deviations from stock would be in the engine bay...having the inner fenders and inner hood match the Wheatland firewall...and all covered in standard gloss clear coat.

Not a serious departure from stock, but I am curious to know what the member's thoughts are on having gloss and satin clear coats on the same vehicle. Also...whether or not the engine bay would be TOO yellow, causing me to return to using matte black as it was originally. Thanks for any input!

Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote