View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #6
Lost81c10

Re: 85 C10 "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" 5.3 Swap

After a long 6 month hold on the project due to unforeseen circumstances, engine rebuild on the Stang, I can say that the project has officially begun. So over the past two weeks I have been working slowly on the disassembly to prep the engine for removal.
I started by draining the coolant, oil and trans fluids. Then removing all of the front stuff to make a hole for the engine and transmission to come out easier when it is time for it. The core support is still in but its loosely held by the two top nuts on the fenders. Although I am doing this in my driveway, I still want to keep the dismantling mayhem to a minimum and not be a nuisance to the neighbors.

Then I moved on to disconnecting and labeling all the plugs from all around the engine. Removed the intake, coils, and loosened the manifolds. I also removed all the A/C related lines, drier to make more room for me. Not planning on using any of this just for room.
Next I moved to the tranny part. Removed the crossmember, removed all the O2 sensors and removed the exhaust from the manifolds. Disconnected the shift linkage. Don’t know if there is anything else I need to remove from the tranny before I take it out.
Started to loosen the wire harness by removing all the plugs at the fuse block. Tons of questions on this part…

This weekend I decided to work on the inside stuff. I am going to try to see if I use the seats and adapt them into the truck and so I removed these. The hard part was getting to the nuts when there is no longer any power to the seats…lol. I guess I should have started there before removing the battery.
So I had to find the power wires to the motors and de-pin the plug since I did not want to just cut the wires. Then I used my battery jumper pack and was able to get the seats moving so I could get to the nuts. Also removed the rear view mirror and harness for it, Idea from LS1 Nova.

So this is where I am at for now. More to come including all the questions.
Attached Images

Lost81c10 is offline   Reply With Quote