View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 09:32 PM   #12
C10Coloradoguy

Re: Rewired 70 C10 heater and running lights on even if ign is not plugged in.

Ok, forgive me if this is just review of the above but I'm not a professional and this is my first auto wiring job. I've done residential and know how to check for volts and continuity with a multi-meter but that's about it. Just very very persistent.

I am pretty convinced I have it wired correctly. I redid the ground on the front end so that there is no doubt the grounding is good. Pulled the switch and the PARK LT fuse popped (as expected) so we can pretty much verify the orange wire, or something it is connected to is causing the issue.

Since I had the block off of the firewall, I decided to do a continuity test on the back of the block with the orange wire socket and all of the wires from the block leading out. This probably doesn't surprise an expert but there was some resistance on all wires except for the two gray wires coming out of the bottom of the block which are for the dash lights.

One wire goes out to the cluster plug and one runs directly back to the headlight switch. The cluster plug is the old plug that I spliced into the harness and the dash is where I have the questionable circuit board. Bottom line is tomorrow I will be taking the dash off (again) and checking for shorts back there. At least I have a direction.
C10Coloradoguy is offline   Reply With Quote