View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 AM   #10
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

More disassembly photos:

The bed had become a little impractical for hauling anything small. Since there was just the two of us to move it around, I made a dolly out of 2x4’s and industrial casters. The bed was jacked up and the truck driven out from under it. Then legs were bolted in place and the complete bed could be rolled in and out of the garage with relative ease.

And here’s what the back half of a 1960 GMC frame looks like for anyone with interest:

All of the dings and dents are pretty evident at this stage:

After sandbagging a chunk of the old front fender into a body matching patch, it was permanently installed in the body using JB Weld, eliminating the gas filler hole.

And here’s how it looked in primer:

All the body work had been completed by this stage. Any defects showing are in the crappy old film pictures, not on the truck.

And here is my #1 squeeze and hot rod assistant. Since I have chronic back and knee problems, she actually prepped and painted the entire chassis for me.

And finally all the hard work starts coming together. The gas tank filler turned out looking factory original, and without gaskets the doors aligned perfectly:

markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote