View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
1956cameo

Re: Need a title for a 1950 pickup,...

Currently I am doing a bonded title here in Texas for a few old projects. In the past I have gotten titles thru title companies but the rules that allow those companies to get you titles so easily are changing.

Here in TX the bonded title costs $100 for anything $4,000 or less, and another $15 for every $1,000 of value the vehicle is over $4,000. Since I dont know how to deal with the DMV effeciently I have shelled out another $100 for a bonded title service to help with the forms and setting up a bond. If after three years no one comes forward and says they have a lien on the vehicle and as long as it wasn't reported stolen before the bonded title process began you get a clear title. In the meantime you get a "bonded title" wich is a legitimate TX title that is transferable. If anything comes up during the three year period the only person that is responsible is the person that applied for the bond, not anyone that he may have sold it to.

It is kind of a pain to get a title this way but many states are now making it hard to use the title companies from other states.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote