View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #72
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: original-71 update pics after new shoes and drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Driver View Post
That's great to hear! I have been working with ECE guys and they are a great resource to have and are very inmformational. I want to go with their 4/6 drop but they were recommending their Extreme drop crossmember and was wondering if I really need it or not but with your drop if you didn't use it and don' thave issues than I probaly will be find as well.
You will not need the extreme drop crossmember, nor a c-notch to run a 4/6 or 4.5/6 drop. Now, if you still plan to use your truck to haul loads (bikes, rock, concrete blocks, etc.) I would recommend adding the c-notch and consider adding rear bags. Stan and Mark are a great source of info and product offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by original-71 View Post
thank you 72BlckButy.. your truck was my inspiration to just leave it clean and simple and the kit was easy when u have the right help.
I appreciate that. Your truck has also become an inspiration for me when I get to the point of cleaning up the frame and under the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by original-71 View Post
68Driver ill be happy to help in anyway so that you dont spend money you dont have to.
I agree... that is what the board is for; helping other truck enthusiasts save money and time. Take what information we've given and run with it. You can see how our trucks turned out as a testimate.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote