View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 12:36 AM   #313
67c10rustbuket

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Shock mounts look great Vic. I did a different version where you re-drill higher and farther back then trim the existing upper mounts but this version does get a much better angle. I also made some lower mounts. Did you change the lower mounts too? Did you happen to notice if your upper mount holes in the crossmember were at different locations? On mine the driver side upper mount was .75" closer to the frame rail than the passenger side. I was scratching my head for a while as to why on one side the shock fell into place and the other was way off. I ended up drilling holes on one side to make them an equal distance from the frame rail on each side. I wondered if GM did this on purpose considering the way the rearend would twist on acceleration but maybe I was just thinking too hard. Great job as always, cant wait for some more high quality work!

PS - I believe the guy who made the upper shock mount drawing was "lakeroadster". He is no longer a member here but is on c10trucksdotcom... I believe he is an engineer. You should check out his thread "C notch based on strength" I will se if I can find it. Oh and I fixed the LINK and linked the drawing.
Attached Images

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote