Thread: 4L60e overhaul
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 08:02 AM   #34
TexasT

Re: 4L60e overhaul

Good stuff. I do have white spring to go in the accumulator for the corvette servo. This isn't the pwm unit. It is a 94 so it is either on or off so I doubt it will "shudder". I'm not sure on the clutch apply plate for the converter but I've been dealing with this place/person for over twenty five yrs and my dad longer than that. I trust he will take care and use what works.

I'm not to.the vb yet and will address the loose valve if it presents itself.
As far as pulling it, It was pulled in the early 2000s and replaced with a wrecking yard unit with 105k miles and decent pink fluid. This trans went another 50k or so and quit shifting. Probably a solenoid but with a "core" to build the activity was on.

You saw the clutches. They looked the part of high mile pieces. Obviously they were slipping. Hence the larger servo and higher pressure to try to get that under control. It wont be a hot rod and Won't be making passes at the strip. Just has to carry itself and a trailer some days and I'm confident it will.
I'll check the eBay for a kit and see what it entails. Just seems like a band aid and a fifty dollar one at that.
I'm just a back yard DIY guy who does my own work for fun(and I just don't want to spend the money to have someone else do it). If I had to make good on a warranty for the knot heads out beating on stuff in sure I would see things more like you do.
What happened to the young pup fellow? No constructive criticism? I can take it. I'm of the view that these forums are to help others and I'm glad Mr cheveyretoreman is providing that. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Last edited by TexasT; 12-10-2018 at 08:07 AM.
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote