View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #1161
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Another nice one. Can't go wrong with red. I had 5th gear drop out in the '92 at just past 100,000 miles. I put a GM crate in and new clutch. Then that flywheel designed by a DMF, I mean the dual mass flywheel gave out, so out it came and the new NV4500 got torn into to convert to what GM went to once they discovered their blunder... a one piece flywheel! How innovative is that? Pure genius.

The '92 DMF had the rubber snubbers fail, so it made chatter idling in neutral, but quieted with clutch depressed. I figured it was the front mainshaft bearing, ordered one, then when time permitted pulled trans to find the ailing DMF. I also had a '95 K3500 5spd at the time. I thought that one was throwing a rod it started knocking so bad one day. Left it sit and hauled it home. Did oil analysis and all looked good, so pulled the trans to find that DMF again. It was coming apart outside of the crank bolts. It was peeling off into two! Another solid flywheel adaption was made.

That was another great truck. I put alot into that one... a whole lot. It was to be my ultimate work truck and a kinda sorta tribute to my Med Olive '71 K/20 w/Reading utility bed I started off in.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote