Thread: Gauge questions
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #6
ray_mcavoy

Re: Gauge questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty4bigwindow View Post
Ok so then that unit where I mentioned could be an oil pressure sending unit? Even if it is, there is no way to hook up that unit to my gauge, since they are different types I'm guessing.
Yeah, there is no way an electric sending unit will work with the stock mechanical oil gauge. But once you unscrew that sending unit (and any adapters that might be under it) from the engine, you should be left with a hole that has 1/8" pipe threads. An adapter fitting that goes from 1/8" male pipe threads to a compression fitting for 1/8" OD tubing can then be threaded into the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty4bigwindow View Post
Sounds like the best bet is to just get a copper tube kit and run it from the port where Rod said, into the back of the gauge.
Yes, that would be the easiest way to hook up the stock gauge. Just be aware that not all copper tube kits will include the correct compression sleeve nut that fits the back of the stock gauge. That is available separately as Weatherhead #6100x2 or Edelmann #111200. Or, I think I remember seeing a post where LockDoc was selling copper tubing kits that included all of these OE type nuts & fittings.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote