View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 11:26 AM   #13
NeoJuice

Re: Brake Bleeder Thread Sealant?

I picked up some new bleeders screws and got them installed in the front because the ones that were in there were grooved on the screw seat and inside the caliper hole looked clean. So that's why it was probably leaking up through the threads on the front.

After doing some bleeding I ended up taking the rear calipers back to Napa for warranty on the weekend because they were leaking out the bleeder screws as well.

The problem with the rears was they were both remanufactured and must have had rusted bleeder screw holes so they sleeved them and then used a smaller bleeder screw. So they were leaking out around the sleeve they put in during remanufacturing which made me so mad.

So I got the new rear calipers and there ready to be installed with the proper size bleeder screws. What I'm now fighting with again is trying to get the ebrake bracket adjusted properly. The drivers side is done but I'm really fighting with the passenger side.

This is what I'm trying to do at about the 9 minute mark. The drivers side lined up quick but I'm having a hell of a time with the passenger side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjdu8DdVeA

So that's the update lol. Thought I was moving forward but I will update once I have more information and I'll upload some pictures.
NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote