Thread: Lil`62s
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #37
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lil`62s

Go for it,Al.I took a cap from a laundry detergent jug,filled it with stripper,and let it eat.Then,hose it off,let dry and primer.Just move all over it in light mists.I paint it upside-down first,then flip when it`s dry.Set it in the So,Florida sun and let it cure.Get as fancy as you like.On the`62s with white tops I painted the white first,when it dried I wrapped masking tape around the top and shot the lower color.The ront panel of the bed is part of the interior,so I masked the interior and shot body color on that and inside the bed.All that was chrome! I also painted the interior something other than chrome.I did no detailing,but the lights and trim can add a sweet touch.I kept mine as detailed as the original toy...played it safe.And,it just looks like it could have been maded that way...kind of.
Just for motivation,my son painted this Prowler when he was 6 or so.It had a wild green paint job with graphics and an orange interior.He loved yellow Prowlers,so I said,"make one".

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote