Thread: Barn raising
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #18
Mike Bradbury

Re: Barn raising

Well my vacation ended so it has been a little slow this past week. Got the arms, pan hard, and caliper brackets painted and mounted. As with any build they have been on and off multiple times as I tweak different geometry sets. Having trouble with the coil overs and their length. I had wanted a shorter shock and spring but was counseled that more travel and dampening the better ride I will get. so I welded the brackets as high as I could get them and it is still two inches taller than I want. The pan hard bar is still at an angle, when I have the bed on it is a bit less but still there. Going to try a shorter spring first then if need be a shorter shock. The coil overs do give it an uncluttered look when you look under the truck and I am still glad I decided on them it is just a matter of working out the kinks.

Also I am a bit stuck on the rear brakes as well. The Lincoln 9" is a bit rarer than I like but I think it will be sweet once complete. I turned in the old calipers for the core charge when I purchased the new ones along with the new hoses. I just assumed that the banjo bolts came with the new caliper or the new hoses. Nope and Napa doesn't have them. So I spent the day digging through junk yards looking for the correct one with no luck. I did how ever find an E-brake cable which I was needing so the day was not an entire loss. I now have to wait til Monday to go to a brake shop to see if they have some banjo bolts. I do not know if there is anything special about them since I did not even take them off the old calipers. Live and learn.

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583

Last edited by Mike Bradbury; 08-20-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote