View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 03:46 PM   #5
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Rimrocker trail and Blazer Bash in Moab

The next morning we were to meet at Moab’s old city park to gather up for the trail ride for Hell’s Revenge. Many a Squarebody and first gen Blazer were lined up. Plus a couple of Jeeps, GM truggies and one Toyota truggy that identified as a Squarebody that day.

Links and coil-overs for even more fun.

Lining up at the trailhead.

The trail gets going pretty quickly and had us stunned at what we were getting into. Being noobs to the Bash and having somewhat top-heavy center of gravity Wade took great care leading to let me and Ron know what lines to take when the stuff got interesting. I know we appreciated the effort made to keep us out of trouble and the group moving at a decent pace. Also since we were noobs we really weren't sure if Robbie could hop out and take pics of our truck on different sections so we didn't get a lot of our own pics through this trail. But it was just as fun to see other's rigs go through the fun stuff.

On this section, our trail leader Wade had us take the easier line to the right which was much less of a vertical climb.

Ron's taking the line here.

Still the surroundings are out of this world. Robbie and I felt like we were wheeling inside a Coyote and Road Runner cartoon all day. We didn't find any empty ACME crates around though.

Wade leading us up the next section. Never having seen that truck in action I was surprised how well the go fast setup did on rocks. He’s running full 4-link and coil-over shocks front and rear on this Jimmy.

We watched the guy in front of us attempt the section with his 205 t-case with a twin stick having the front output in neutral. Bonus for us, he showed us the line we probably shouldn't take!

Ron's truck was moving right along despite the lack of low range. Our other trail leader Mark did dub him the "tricycle" by the end of the day though. He had a habit of hanging a tire from time to time..

Random shots from the trail. Mark one of our leaders with the doorless K10 and a college student and his dad all the way down from North Dakota. We had trucks from Texas, California, Connecticut and many states in between.

One of the Texas guys, Kurt had "I identify as a squarebody" on the hood of his toyota based truggy cracked us up. That little tractor idled up everything with zero drama. So cool to watch.

Another Texas guy David has a Burb that is no slouch on the rocks either. Really fun to watch it work too. All the trucks were for that matter.

The Off Road Design K30 with Stephen Watson’s 14 year old Kid at the wheel.

We got up to the overlook and Robbie hopped out to get a shot of the river below.

Rigs going up/down the overlook.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote