View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 11:32 AM   #6
PHOENIX

This is the first time I am using a roller bearing. Every other time I have changed the clutch I used a bushing and it just came right out and pretty much slipped right in, took a little force by hand only. Thats why this time I wasnt sure if I had to hammer it in, I never had to do it before. The only reason I am using the roller bearing is because thats the only thing the dealer could find for my truck. They couldnt find bushings at all and the bushings I had at home seemed to be steel. Not brass or oil impregnated types.

I packed the pilot bearing with grease and have the chamfered side facing the trans (bearings closer to engine). I am going to repack the throwout bearing inner recess and lightly coat the fork groove on the throwout bearing. I am also going to very lightly coat the trans splines with white lithium grease for smooth sliding with clutch disc (as recommended by most clutch manufacturers). I also installed a new backup switch. This trans came from a junk yard about 5 years ago or so. The backup switch was damaged then and I never fixed it. I will have backup lights again