View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #17
A.T. RockDriller

Re: HYDRO-VAC brakes. Who knows about these?

Joe....
To put it briefly....It aint to tough.
If you use the remote reservoir/fill like mine, you shouldn't need an auxiliary cooler.(but like Clyde & DJ state....cheap ins..)
Also I was ordering a seal kit for my pump and the parts jockey said that the Astro/Safari booster is different than the full-size set-up......dont know what.
The pump from any full-size van or motor-home will have the remote set-up and that's what I was lookin' for.....

As far as the return lines go, all hydro-boost pumps have an extra nipple for your brake return line. That way there are no plumbing issues to worry about.
The return from the p-steering box goes to one and the rtn. line from the brakes goes to the other. If it were me....which it was,.....I would use anti-abrasion cover wherever possible.....stuffs pretty inexpensive for the advantages it provides.
I had to fab my pump mounting brackets because I sure had trouble finding a fit for the 305 V-6. Other than that it was pretty simple.......used the same pressure lines from the doner............ and that's all she wrote.

Here's a couple pic's of the top-side.
Attached Images

'66 GMC 4000...351C, 5&2

Last edited by A.T. RockDriller; 04-03-2012 at 08:18 PM.
A.T. RockDriller is offline   Reply With Quote