View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #218
*Kenny

Re: You guessed it, 1950 s10 swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layedoutsonoma91 View Post
Im still working all the bugs out of course. As far as the pusher fan. I have driven it probably 100 miles since i finished it. Havent overheated yet. Stays around 180-200. These engines normally run over 200. Gotta figure out if i got somethong wrong in the cooling system or not. I got black fluid that keeps showing up. I thinm its dexcool mixed with green. Im gonna flush the system and see what i get. Steering linkage is messed up. I think i may have the center link on backwards. The pass side where the tierod connects to the center link. The nut tightens all the way down and the cotter pin hole is like almost a half inch away from the castle nut. It tightens way too far. Other side barely tightens to the castle nut. Im thinking the taper or stud side is different per side. If not i got a defective center link
Great looking truck! I'll definitely be looking at this during my build. Did you ever figure out the tie rod issue? Mine is the same way when I tightened them down the hole for the cotter pin is half inch away from the castle nut. I've heard of guys using washers to make up the difference but wanted to know if you found a solution. Thanks.
*Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote