View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #10
cshanek

Re: 64 Chevy C20 Camper Special Parking Brake Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-66 View Post
Looking at your pictures , nice to see the factory red seat and the black accessory seat belts. Whats your plan for the truck ?
Well, in order ...
1) I am going to rebuild all the brakes, because I think my front right brake is sticking. I ordered new spring kits, and a new master cylinder earlier this week and should be getting them in this weekend. I might buy new wheel cylinders and shoes if necessary as well.
2) If you look at the interior strip out pics there are rust spots down in the footwells and rocker panels. I am going to buy the replacement panels from LMC and weld them on. Once that is done I am going to paint the interior, then sound/heat proof and lay down carpet (though I might just put a black vinyl mat on like before). There is a seat cover on right now, but I want to get the red seat redone. I also plan on getting one of those cool aftermarket mock-up radios (that look like originals, but add bluetooth).
3) Need to do something with rear, have not decided on roll pan or c10-c20 small fender (I ripped off the massive camper step fender)
4) I am going to replace the two rusted front fenders (about $250 each at LMC)
5) I have a rusted radiator support bracket that needs to be replaced
6) Suspension will need to be replaced eventually ..
7) Which leads to disk brake kit? I think the 8-lug ones are about 1k, and I just purchased my 8-lug replicas (which reminds me I am selling the 5 original snap ring 8-luggers on the cheap).
8) Clean the underside, maybe something like this ... (http://www.autobahnslc.com/assets/ch...65-tan-193.jpg). Before I do that though I will need to fix my exhaust problem (no muffler currently). I am undecided if I want new headers and dual exhaust

Generally speaking though, I want to keep it as stock as I can. I am saving just about everything I rip off too. I will probably leave it primer/patina colored for a few years before I paint the outside. It has a 283 in it with a handwritten service record (kind of awesome) and 85k original miles so I am just going to ride with that for now. If and when age becomes and issue there I might put a 350 in.

Last edited by cshanek; 03-09-2017 at 01:11 PM.
cshanek is offline   Reply With Quote