View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
63burban4x4

Re: using early ramhorns on a 350

Oh, I already know I want all the stuff I can get from the original 283. It all works perfectly (with a slight mod to the lower PS pump bracket to clear the larger harmonic balancer) and all the pulleys work and line up perfectly, except for the missing aternator mount on the end of the 350 exhaust manifold. After reading all the posts here about troubles getting all the pulleys correct, I was psyched to think that I had absolutely everything I need on the 283, as long as I use the manifolds, too. I've switched it all over & it's perfect. I just wondered about the smaller exhaust ports on the 283 manifolds.

Don't misunderstand, this truck will be doing some serious cross country with a camp trailer in tow. Not just an occasional trip, but out for several months at a time on the road. The better it runs, the happier I'll be.

As for being one of the younger guys, I'm sure I am younger than many here. Let's just say I grew up on Howdy Doody & Buffalo Bob, Sky King, The Lone Ranger, and Ozzie & Harriet!

When I got my driver's licence, these trucks were new in the Chevy dealer showrooms.......I went to work in high school for the local Chevy dealer in '66! (taking delivery and prepping the new '67's, cleaning up the trade ins, pumping gas & LOF. Changing the ad materials in the showroom.....Oh, the stuff that went into the dumpster! ) sorry for the ramble!
63burban4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote