View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #26
my4by2

Re: 1977 Chevy K30 Crew Cab Build

Ok, so it looks as if nothing much is gonna get done until after the holidays come to a close... That's Ok though - everyone needs to enjoy them with their families!
Right now I am talking to a local engine shop in Sacramento about doing some upgrades to the 6.0L - gonna have it torn down & gone through as well as putting a little better cam in along with full roller rockers & a roller timing set. The shop also has an engine dyno, so they can do the ECM tune there as well - plus give me solid numbers as to what it's putting out prior to installing!
Also looking to change out my BFG's for a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Radial ATZ's. Hate to do it since I already bought the BFG's, but hopefully Trevor can work a good trade! Anyone out there ever have experiance with these tires - like how they wear, road noise, etc.?
One other thing I am contemplating is having a local Vortex spray-on liner guy come & do all the undercoating rather than having the shop apply like the Dupli-Color spray-on can stuff. Anyone out there ever use this stuff? I usually go with Line-X, but they won't come to you....
Anyhow, Happy Holidays & a Merry Christmas to all of you back in the good 'ol USofA - surely wish I was back there for the holidays, but guess it wasn't meant to be this year...
my4by2 is offline   Reply With Quote