View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #43
volksworld

Re: Question for the purists

when i bought my truck over 40 years ago for $100 it had already been junked...my standing joke was that it was a good thing i didnt buy it as a parts truck cause it didnt have any good ones...the seized 6 came out for a small block,the bone dry rear was replaced with a square body one,when the column froze up in the winter and wouldnt slide thru the neutral gate it got a floor shift,and when i found a muncie for the right price it became a 4 speed....i turned it into a tow truck and when it wouldnt stop it got a disc brake crossmember from a 75 suburban....back then when you upgraded something you did it with factory parts from a junkyard cause that was all that was available...its a hot rod, cause thats what i want...that being said, the only reason i can see to put in a phony spid is to fraudulently represent a vehicle as a more valuable highly optioned one....you might as well swap the vin...so modify away but leave the paperwork legit...seems like at the auctions clones are going for serious money anyway