View Single Post
Old 07-22-2023, 04:47 PM   #74
Vic1947

Re: 65 Fairlane pro-touring build

Chasing the tinworm infestation continues...

I opened up the right front toe board which had multiple layers of old rusted repair panels. Part of the area supports the rear of the frame rail. The "box" is made of .080 sheet metal and needs to be nice and sturdy. To get an idea of how far to extend the new material, I mocked up the subframe connector on that side to get a better view. The last thing I want to do is leave myself big gaps where the welds go. The instructions that came with the subs has teeny tiny photos. Even with our lighted magnifier, it's hard to make out much, but I think I have it in the correct position. Now comes the pattern making, material fit-up and welding.

We went to a yearly car show over in Bonner Springs, KS this morning. Took the Grand National and had a nice time. They had the most cars I've ever seen at that event which is held at the Agriculture Hall of Fame. We dawdled around and didn't get there as early as we usually do and had to park in the overflow area. Which turned out to be a blessing because we had some really big shade trees just a few feet from where we parked. So, I didn't have to mess with putting up the canopy. I know most of the US is blanketed with crap weather, but we were very lucky to have low humidity, a light breeze and 80-degree temps. However, per our local weather guesser, we're going to pay for it this coming week with temps near 100 and high stupidity.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote