View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
GATORBUILT '59

Re: Motor Mount Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1947chevypanel View Post
I am doing a 47 chevy panel build. I have installed a TCI Mustang II, power rack, and have not yet removed the factory firewall. I haven't decided yet if I want to do a new firewall, but I am not opposed to it. I am having trouble placing the motor mounts in the correct location. I see in some of your pics, they are placed 1-2 inches behind the crossmember, some are farther back. The mounts are the TCI triangle type. Maybe some of you have some good pics to give me an idea of where to start. I'm using the standard chevy 350. Thanks all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMany2count View Post
hook the mtr & trans together & drop that mother in the frame far enough back so nothing hits or rubs & mark the place where the mounts should be & then weld or bolt them in, it's that easy....joe
I am not familiar w/ the 1947, but I have only one suggestion. I agree w/ TooMany2count. With his suggestions also also take into consideration valve cover clearance as well as distributor clearance. Remember the TCI mounts are a standard build, no matter what model truck you are welding them in. So make sure that you properly position the tranny. Because before welding you may have to trim maybe an 1" off each motor mount pirch to level the motor(Carb. mounting surface). Remember that when you first stick the motor over in the truck there will be plenty of room to bring the motor down some.
Attached Images

GATORBUILT '59 is offline   Reply With Quote