View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 09:49 PM   #96
cpavelko

Re: soft topper tops

Bump!
So I bought one of these back in 2012 in White with clear windows. Living in San Diego with a high UV index, the windows have dried and yellowed pretty bad. I covered it for most of the time, but weather eventually got to these windows.

Cons:
Mine had not been watertight, mostly leaking at the top front of the windows but also at one of the seams.
My biggest complaint is the air leakage while driving at higher speeds. I'm surprised no one else has complained about this.

While in Boulder back in March, I stopped by Softtopper's facility to discuss options and to compare the old versus new version of the tops. The newer version does have a nicer seal at the front of the windshield header that appears like it would help with the wind noise. Can someone confirm how much this has been improved here?

I have 3 options for myself:
- Send back the old white top and have the windows replaced by Softtopper for a fee. They would add in better UV protected material.

- They still have a few older style tops in stock to replace the top altogether but only in two colors. I think Black and Tan? I would try to sell my white top since they don't make them any more.

- 3rd option would buy the entire new setup and sell my old setup.

Thoughts? Pros / Cons?
cpavelko is offline   Reply With Quote