View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #5
3v0

Re: 2 ignition module failures - Coinicidence??

The ignition module died on my 91 K1500. One of the screws was not tightening so I drilled out the base plate holes just a bit smaller than machine screws that matched the module holes and ran the screws in to self tap. Used nylock nuts on the bottom of the new screws just to be safe. Also used ThermalCoolFlux(TM) High Performance Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Paste. Overkill but I expect it will last.

Seems AC Delco has three grades: Advantage, Original/OEM, and Professional.

The hype on the pro unit reads "An ACDelco Professional, premium aftermarket Ignition Control Module is the ideal high-quality replacement for your GM vehicle. ... An ACDelco Professional Ignition Control Module features electronically welded lead connections to help reduce heat stress, failure or cold joints. This Ignition Control Module has been laser trimmed to provide precise values and reduce deterioration and damage. It includes a copper slug heat sink to help dissipate heat and create a more stable environment and also features a large bus bar for added support and conductivity to address the installation and operating forces that stress terminal tabs. This premium aftermarket replacement Ignition Control Module is manufactured to meet or exceed your expectations for fit, form and function."
3v0 is offline   Reply With Quote