View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #79
ATVYP

Re: Uncle Howard's 1946 Chevy Truck

As for the rear brake lines, the trick rear stainless braided factory-length lines will work well, so to help gain a little extra access inside the frame and to be able to check all the fittings occasionally, I drilled a hole in the inner boxing plate in front of the forward rear IRS cross member. This will allow me to access the lines and other items running inside the frame rail at the arch, but I will place a flat plate behind it and paint it black to cover the whole and help it continue the theme and remain practical. I also purchased all the weld nuts and stainless hardware to complete the bowtie boxing back plates (I have lots to do if I want to drive it by the end of the summer!)

After much research and personal debate, I decided to purchase the “Tanks Inc” in-tank fuel pump. It is the mid-level electric fuel pump that mounts inside the fuel tank, uses a stock-style replaceable Wabash fuel pump, and uses the engine’s fuel pressure regulator – and it will work with both my TPI and the LS fuel injection, if I ever decide to upgrade. This pump will look much cleaner hidden inside the tank than all the necessary parts that would mount externally, and I keep reading they run cooler and last longer mounted in the tank. The pump assembly has a special tray that keeps the fuel pump from starving, instead of using the special baffled fuel tank. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
Attached Images

ATVYP is offline   Reply With Quote