View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 11:27 AM   #18
MASTERBrian

Re: 1960 wiring questions

My other electrical problem I mentioned above was a short, fried battery, starter, something....my truck was hard to start, then dead battery and maybe fried starter. Tried to check battery cables and burned the crap out of finger on negative terminal. Obviously something was wrong.

I've chased some very bad wiring to tail lights and that is now out, I've run it with new wire, now just need to hook it up on the cab side. Things are making more and more sense as I move along.

One thing I've noticed is that the aftermarket, column mounted turn signal, seems to be replacing the factory turns....I have the factory arm in a bucket of parts. Why did they tend to replace the factory? Besides the obvious, it probably stopped working....I'm really wondering if that was a common thing to do and IF the factory turn is easily repairable. Because of the column mounted switch, my gear selector indicator can't be installed, without modification to either the turn signal bracket or the selector indicator.
MASTERBrian is offline   Reply With Quote