View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 09:46 PM   #5
suburban99

Re: 700r4 junkyard pull looks new inside...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPup1977 View Post
Take a look at this pic, you will notice two types of VB's used in a 700R4. The VB on the right has a provisioning for TCC shift valve, the other one does not. If your trans has the type on the right in the pic, you can buy a 700LU kit from Transgo which will allow the trans to use this shift vale to apply the TCC. This is used so you do not have to run any electrical connections to the trans at all.... you do not have to disengage the TCC thru the brake switch.....it works much better than vac switch setups....trust me, I have done many of these and they work great.

As far as your trans, you are installing it into a 4x4 vehicle...replace the sun shell, install a wider bushing in the sun gear (sonnax)....

You already have it apart, VB is off right, so you have to buy pump gasket, pump o-ring, seal, bushing, VB gaskets...... so why not buy a kit without the steels (only if the steels are good) and replace them. You can even go with bonded pistons (must buy different spring retainer) if you like and replace the existing pistons and lip seals....bonded pistons are easlier to install and better than lip seals....

Upgrade the 2/4 servo...
Install a shift kit, replace the existing TV valve.

"Maybe" consider replacing your 4 pinion planets with 5 pinions but not required.

Or you can take the "chance" and put the trans in with the AD output shaft and run it....

One more thing, I would suggest to leave the np205 TC in its original position in the frame....this will allow you to keep the TC shifter in the stock location and no cutting of the drive shafts...to accomplish this by moving the engine forward....and cutting your upper and lower radiator hoses.....easy!!!!!!
Thanks...all good info for a novice rebuilder..(60 year old novice)...
1997 Boxster.
1972 K10 Custom Deluxe LS 6.0
1950 GMC 3100 S10 & LS swapped
suburban99 is offline   Reply With Quote