View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #9
56hotrodred

Re: dual electric fans question(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
i used the running sbc that came in truk to mock up motor/trans mounts
i had to modify the firewall a tad due to the huge plug coming off the back of the distributor on the ramjet 350
also modified the mefi controller and coil brackets from the back of the motor to over the valve covers
Ogre thanks for your response. I actually don't have the ramjet engine yet but am trying to do the final mockups before I head south for a few months this winter. But if all goes well I will have it ordered and sitting at the dealer waiting for me when I get back.

I have been doing my mockup with a 283 with its stock distributor. I am most interested in what you have said regarding the"huge plug coming off the back of the distributor" and your "modification of the mefi controller and coil brackets."

I am thinking that I need to put the cab back on the frame to see how much room I have back there and if I will need to do the same. Modifying the firewall has always scared me but I like the looks of yours!

Do you have any idea of how much farther the "huge plug" sticks out as compared to the stock distributor?

Also did you have to modify the mefi controller and coil brackets because of space available back there or because you just wanted to move?
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote