View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #5
gigamanx

Re: s10 swap rear wheel/bed alignment issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
remember that when you bag it, the front wheels will come back in the front wheel arch even more, and usually the rear wheels might go FORWARD slightly (the low mounting position of the lower bar is the cause) in the rear wheel arch so this may be nothing at all to worry about.
Will keep that in mind. I will probably go the static drop route first once I've settled on wheels and tires. I did set the body a little low to begin with so I could lay running boards without too much modification to the suspension. That meant a small tunnel in the cab for the transmission and it looks like I've lost 1.5" from the bed depth for the hump in the frame that goes over the axle. Hopefully I can avoid a C-notch when it comes time to bag the rear. That may require a bag behind axle setup instead of bag over axle.... plenty of time to sort those details out once I'm driving

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote