View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
1Ratty64

Re: Need help identifying this power steering conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
There should be numbers cast into the box, those will tell you. Also how high off the top of the POL tubular lower a-arms are sway bars mounted? Nothing in the steering mechanisms hit? So it it looks good to me, I've seen them on eBay but I personally don't know who made the plates.
Also I believe the 74-87 boxes used o-ring fittings in the fittings at the box instead of flare, you might check there and that will tell you something.
Thats right, i had a brain fart.....this box has flares. I remember getting the power steering lines for a 72 c10 and having to do some bends to the lines to get them to work. The sway bar uses stubby end links on the pol angle mounts.....really terrible setup and honestly if i could do it over again i would have went CPP. I was just really curious as to the setup because the steering shaft hasn't been cut, didn't know if someone hack jobbed it and just got lucky with everything lining up or if there really was a kit floating around out there that leaves the shaft in tact. I honestly have to do something with the sway bar though.....even though its only had light contact, it's not right.
1Ratty64 is offline   Reply With Quote