View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #19
Chris(NJ)

Re: Who wants to play; Find the problem?

No diagnosing this weekend. Didn't have the time to work on anything and I need to get some tools to test vacuum, timing, etc. but I did pull it out of the garage real quick to snap some pics. Looks like things are getting worse and I'm not even driving it. Now I noticed that the coolant has managed to start leaking! It's like every system has built up pressure and is pushing it's fluids out! WTF! Also seemed to be running worse than the last time I started it. Anyway, heres a few more pics to add to the story.

Oh, and Raven;
I previously tested the plug wires to make sure they were all w/in range of each other. high values, but all consistent.
Plugs and pcv valve are new.
Cap/rotor looked good too.

Coolant leak! (Also had some oil up there too, but that has always happened since I've owned the truck).
Trans; easy to see some leaks from the speedo cable, rear seal and....drain plug? I didn't see any sign of it leaking from up top. Also didn't see any leaks from the side near the modulator valve or other ports. Fwiw, that modulator valve has a full tubber vacuum line. No hard line between the plenum and valve. It was also zip tied pretty tight so I didn't bother cutting it off yet to see if there was any oil in the vac. line.
Engine leak? No clue yet. Still can't see an obvious point of origination.

Hopefully I can find some answers soon to update this thread w/ more than just the new problems
Attached Images

Chris(NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote