View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
justin_jj_Taylor

1973 GMC 3/4 Ton Body Swap "Gangrene"

Long story short, after years of hunting for the truck I wanted, I finally found it... except it was a 2 wheel drive. So, I decided to do what my brother did with his 71 Cheyenne 2 wheel drive, and do a body swap. My brother and I also realized that neither of us had ever owned a big block, so we named 2017 the "year of the big block." I bought an 80's Burb with a 454 and he bought an early 90's 454 from a buddy. Anywhos, I bought the frame w/ axles, then the 400 and 205 t-case, new 6 inch lift, and tons of other little stuff. Last weekend, we finally put the body on the frame. I'm hoping to have it road ready in a month or so, I have a lot of piddily things left to do. I really wanted to say thankyou to this site overall for everything it has to offer, I purchased a factory brush guard that I'd been on the hunt for for YEARS because of this site, among some other things, and also have found some really cool forums. So anyways, here's the current status of my rig, from the day I got it, to now.
Attached Images

Last edited by justin_jj_Taylor; 04-03-2018 at 06:33 AM.
justin_jj_Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote