View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #27
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: My daily driver/beater : How I turned lemons in lemonade

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Kevin,

Very nice transformation that is looking nice, thanks for sharing all your knowledge with everybody. Totally enjoy reading your descriptive posts.

What are your thoughts on appearance of 60 vs 70 series tires. 60s for lowered trucks, 70s for more std ride height. I kind of like the top of the tires to be just covered by bottom of wheel wells.

Les
Ask me that two years ago and I'd have said BF Goodrich TA radials in 60 series. No matter what truck, what stance, 60's series TAs. But, I've been looking at tires for my rally wheels lately. 15's are so uncommon now that they are truly hard to get. Even Summit, my old favorite for ordering tires, is often back ordered on the 15's. Plus, the price. Good lord, a 275/60-15 costs what a 20 inch tire does nowadays. I suspect I might have to evolve into the 20 inch wheel crowd simply out of budgetary reasons, and they do spruce up an old truck.

That said, I'm running 75 series tires on this truck. The rear 235/75's were free since they were on the truck when I got it. The fronts are 215/75's which were 70 each total out the door from Discount. I only went with that setup so I could utilize two of my existing tires and still somewhat match front and rear with a similar profile. I wish I had the scratch for a set of fat 60 series BFGs for my rally wheels though.