View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
66_C20

Re: Start of my 66 C20 Build

So here are some parts for the next trip coming up in a few weeks. Below are the headers along with a complete set of parts to rebuild the rear brakes, minus a few things that were back ordered.

Which brings up my first round of questions:

1) I have zero confidence that these headers are going to work after seeing all the clearance issues we ran into with the manifolds. They were hitting the motor mount perches on one side and the inner fender well on the other which is why we flipped them. Then we couldn’t get the plug wires on the plugs. So I’m not really sure what the fix for that would be and then that’s not even considering the clutch linkage which will also likely be an issue. Which could possibly be fixed by making it a hydraulic clutch instead?

2) I’d also like to start looking at converting the front brakes to power disk brakes which I’ve seen a sticky around here somewhere with links in it for different year models that would convert over. Only thing is, I’d like to keep the truck an 8 lug as crazy as that probably sounds.

3) I also need a radiator for this bad boy. I came across one on summit that was a 3 row made by frostbite cooling for like $300 (PN-FB118). I plan on putting an electric fan on it as well, I just want to know if that would be enough as well as if that radiator would be an easy drop in deal.

4) Lastly, I know these 3 speed column transmissions need some “freshening up” and whatnot but don’t really know the little things to do, adjust, tighten up, clean, lube, and lord knows whatever else to make this thing shift nice and smooth and reliable.
66_C20 is offline   Reply With Quote